A photograph of former British prince Andrew and veteran politician Peter Mandelson sitting in bathrobes alongside late sex offender Jeffrey Epstein was unearthed on Friday in previously published documents.
The image is believed to be the first known photograph of the two men with Epstein. They are currently engulfed in scandal in the UK over their ties to their mutual friend.
The undated photograph, first reported by ITV News, shows King Charles III’s disgraced brother and former British ambassador to the US sitting barefoot outside on a wooden deck.
Photo: US Department of Justice via Reuters
They appear to have mugs with a US flag on them on a wooden table in front of them. Epstein is wearing a dark shirt and light trousers.
ITV said the picture was taken on Martha’s Vineyard, an island in the northeastern US state of Massachusetts, and was believed to have been snapped in 1999 or 2000, before Epstein was sentenced to prison.
It was included as part of millions of documents released by the US Department of Justice earlier this year.
Andrew and Mandelson were arrested last month on suspicion of misconduct in public office over their connections to Epstein, who was convicted of child sexual offences in 2008.
Andrew, who was stripped of his royal titles last year, is accused of sharing sensitive documents with Epstein during his time as a UK trade envoy from 2001 to 2011.
Files have suggested that Mandelson also leaked official information to Epstein when he was a government minister, including during the 2008 financial crash.
Both have denied wrongdoing, and neither has been charged.
British Prime Minister Keir Starmer in September last year sacked Mandelson as his envoy in Washington after new information revealing the extent of his friendship with Epstein came to light.
Andrew settled a US civil lawsuit in 2022 brought by Virginia Giuffre, who died by suicide last year.
She claimed she was trafficked three times to have sex with Andrew, starting in 2001 and twice when she was 17.
Andrew has always denied the allegations, and the settlement did not admit liability.
Andrew and Mandelson feature many times in the so-called Epstein files.
Images show Andrew bent over an unidentified female and lying across the laps of a number of women, while Mandelson is pictured in his underpants.
Kouri Richins, a Utah mother who published a children’s book about grief after the death of her husband is to serve a life sentence for his murder without the possibility of parole, a judge ruled on Wednesday. Richins was convicted in March of aggravated murder for lacing a cocktail given to her husband, Eric Richins, with five times the lethal dose of fentanyl at their home near Park City in 2022. A jury also found her guilty of four other felonies, including insurance fraud, forgery and attempted murder for trying to poison her husband weeks earlier on Feb. 14, 2022, with a
‘PERSONAL MISTAKES’: Eileen Wang has agreed to plead guilty to the felony, which comes with a maximum sentence of 10 years in federal prison A southern California mayor has agreed to plead guilty to acting as an illegal agent for the Chinese government and has resigned from her city position, officials said on Monday. Eileen Wang (王愛琳), mayor of Arcadia, was charged last month with one count of acting in the US as an illegal agent of a foreign government. She was accused of doing the bidding of Chinese officials, such as sharing articles favorable to Beijing, without prior notification to the US government as required by law. The 58-year-old was elected in November 2022 to a five-person city council, from which the mayor is selected
DELA ROSA CASE: The whereabouts of the senator, who is wanted by the ICC, was unclear, while President Marcos faces a political test over the senate situation Philippine authorities yesterday were seeking confirmation of reports that a top politician wanted by the International Criminal Court (ICC) had fled, a day after gunfire rang out at the Philippine Senate where he had taken refuge fearing his arrest. Senator Ronald “Bato” dela Rosa, the former national police chief and top enforcer of former Philippine president Rodrigo Duterte’s “war on drugs,” has been under Senate protection and is wanted for crimes against humanity, the same charges Duterte is accused of. “Several sources confirmed that the senator, Senator Bato, is no longer in the Senate premises, but we are still getting confirmation,” Presidential
HELP DENIED? The US Department of State said that the Cuban leadership refuses to allow the US to provide aid to Cubans, ‘who are in desperate need of assistance’ US Secretary of State Marco Rubio on Wednesday said that Cuba’s leadership must change, as Washington renewed an offer of US$100 million in aid if the communist nation agrees to cooperate. Cuba has been suffering severe economic tumult led by an energy shortage that plunged 65 percent of the country into darkness on Tuesday. Cuba’s leaders have blamed US sanctions, but Rubio, a Cuban American and critic of the government established by Fidel Castro, said the system was to blame, including corruption by the military. “It’s a broken, nonfunctional economy, and it’s impossible to change it. I wish it were different,” he told