Six people, likely three generations of a family, were found dead at a rural property east of Seattle and a law enforcement official said police arrested the property owner's daughter and her boyfriend.
The official, who spoke on Wednesday on condition of anonymity because he was not authorized to release the names, identified the pair as Michele Anderson, 29, and her boyfriend, Joseph McEnroe. Both were booked into the King County Jail late on Wednesday for investigation of six counts of homicide.
The victims included a boy of about three, a girl of about six, a man and woman in their 30s and a man and woman in their 50s. Their names were not released, but they were "likely three generations" of one family, King County sheriff's Sergeant John Urquhart said.
Autopsies have not been performed on the bodies, but the cause of death was apparently gunshots, Urquhart said. They were likely killed late afternoon or early evening on Christmas Eve, he said.
The property where the bodies were found is owned by Wayne Anderson, 60, and Judy Anderson, 61, public records showed.
The couple has three children, including a daughter, Michelle, who lives on the property in a mobile home, said Mark Bennett, who identified himself as a family friend. He said another daughter, Mary, and a son, Scott, live in the area.
An emergency call to authorities was made from the house in the early evening on Christmas Eve, but the call broke off after about 10 seconds, Urquhart said. When deputies arrived at the scene, they stopped at a locked gate.
"They didn't go past it," Urquhart said. "I don't know why yet. That's one of the things we're looking into."
Urquhart said the bodies were found by a co-worker of one of the victims who had come to the house because one of the victims, who works for the Postal Service, did not report to work.
The bodies were found on a rural property that includes a house and a mobile home at the end of a long dirt road.
Urquhart declined to say where the victims were found on the property, other than to say they were "not found in the same room."
Investigators removed a black pickup truck.
Kouri Richins, a Utah mother who published a children’s book about grief after the death of her husband is to serve a life sentence for his murder without the possibility of parole, a judge ruled on Wednesday. Richins was convicted in March of aggravated murder for lacing a cocktail given to her husband, Eric Richins, with five times the lethal dose of fentanyl at their home near Park City in 2022. A jury also found her guilty of four other felonies, including insurance fraud, forgery and attempted murder for trying to poison her husband weeks earlier on Feb. 14, 2022, with a
DELA ROSA CASE: The whereabouts of the senator, who is wanted by the ICC, was unclear, while President Marcos faces a political test over the senate situation Philippine authorities yesterday were seeking confirmation of reports that a top politician wanted by the International Criminal Court (ICC) had fled, a day after gunfire rang out at the Philippine Senate where he had taken refuge fearing his arrest. Senator Ronald “Bato” dela Rosa, the former national police chief and top enforcer of former Philippine president Rodrigo Duterte’s “war on drugs,” has been under Senate protection and is wanted for crimes against humanity, the same charges Duterte is accused of. “Several sources confirmed that the senator, Senator Bato, is no longer in the Senate premises, but we are still getting confirmation,” Presidential
HELP DENIED? The US Department of State said that the Cuban leadership refuses to allow the US to provide aid to Cubans, ‘who are in desperate need of assistance’ US Secretary of State Marco Rubio on Wednesday said that Cuba’s leadership must change, as Washington renewed an offer of US$100 million in aid if the communist nation agrees to cooperate. Cuba has been suffering severe economic tumult led by an energy shortage that plunged 65 percent of the country into darkness on Tuesday. Cuba’s leaders have blamed US sanctions, but Rubio, a Cuban American and critic of the government established by Fidel Castro, said the system was to blame, including corruption by the military. “It’s a broken, nonfunctional economy, and it’s impossible to change it. I wish it were different,” he told
Nauru said it would hold a referendum to change its official name, described as a colonial relic from a time when “foreign tongues” mangled the native language. Nauru would change its name to Naoero to “more faithfully honor our nation’s heritage, our language and our identity,” Nauruan President David Adeang said in a statement on Tuesday. The Pacific island nation’s native language is Dorerin Naoero, which is spoken by the vast majority of its approximately 10,000 inhabitants. “Nauru emerged because Naoero could not be properly pronounced by foreign tongues, and was changed not by our choice, but for convenience,” the government said in