The Aroma of the Kitchen (廚房的氣味), a Hakka musical.
● Experimental Theater (國家實驗劇場).
Tickets NT$350, through NTCH.
● Tonight at 7:30pm; tomorrow at 2:30pm and 7:30pm
Floating From the Darkness
(光流冥體) a theater of light by Static Theater.
● Crown Art Center Theater (皇冠小劇場), B1, 50, Ln 120, Dunhua N Rd, Taipei (台北市敦化北路120巷50號B1).
Tickets NT$350 at the door.
Call (02) 2733 7346.
● Tonight and tomorrow at 7:30pm; Sunday at 2:30pm
Hans Christian Anderson
(安徒生) a performance by Yi Yuan Puppet Theater (一元偶劇團) that pays tribute to the master of children's literature.
● Tickets NT$150, through ERA ticketing.
● Sunday at 3pm
Chung Hsiao-ching 2005 Piano Recital (鐘曉青2005鋼琴獨奏會), featuring music by Mozart, Debussy, Schumann and Gershwin among others.
● National Recital Hall (國家演奏廳).
Tickets NT$300 to NT$500, through ERA ticketing.
● Tomorrow at 7:30pm
Philippe Hu Saxophone Recital (胡東龍薩克斯風獨奏會III).
● National Recital Hall (國家演奏廳). Tickets NT$200 to NT$400, through ERA ticketing.
● Sunday at 7:30pm
2005 Composers' Forum (2005製樂小集), featuring music by veteran, and less experienced, composers.
● National Recital Hall (國家演奏廳).
Tickets NT$300 to NT$500, through NTCH.
● Tuesday at 7:30pm
When Jazz Meets Cuba -- the Klazz Brothers and Cuban Percussion (當爵士遇上古巴 -- 克拉茲兄弟
與古巴打擊樂手), a reinterpretation of classical music using Cuban rhythms.
● National Concert Hall (國家音樂廳). Tickets NT$400 to NT$2,500, through NTCH.
● Wednesday at 7:30pm
Rock and Pop
The Wall (這牆)
presents Reggae Roots Revival tonight; Beauty Poison (美中毒) by Chen Shan-ni (陳珊妮) tomorrow.
● B1, 200, Sec 4, Roosevelt Rd, Taipei (台北市羅斯福路四段200號B1).
Entrance NT$300 tonight; NT$500 tomorrow.
● Tonight and tomorrow at 8:30pm
Ziga Zaga at Grand Hyatt Taipei (君悅飯店Ziza Zaga)
presents Scarlip, the international seven-member band from Montreal, performing a wide spectrum of styles.
● 2, Songshou Rd, Taipei (台北市松壽路2號). Call (02) 2720 1200 x3288.
● Monday to Thursday at 9:30pm; Friday and Saturday at 10pm
Citizen Cain (大國民)
features Stand-up Comedy every Wednesday; Live Lam every Thursday; DJs every Friday; DJ Shep Dawg every Saturday.
● 67, Dongfung St, Taipei (台北市東豐街67號). Call (02) 2708 4557.
● Weekdays at 9:30pm; Weekends at 10pm
The Shannon features live bands at weekends and ladies night with live music on Thursdays.
● 6, Dunhua N Rd, Taipei (台北市敦化北路6號).
Entrance NT$250 at the weekend.
Call (02) 2772 0948.
● Shows begin between 9pm and 10pm
features hip-pop and R&B music every night.
● B1, 86, Songren Rd, Taipei (台北市松仁路86號B1). Call (02) 8780 3867.
Brown Sugar (黑糖餐廳)
features Impression Quartet on Mondays; Cool Fusion with guest musicians on Tuesdays; Night of Rumba on Wednesdays; Back to Love on Thursdays; Soul Train on Fridays; City Light on Saturdays; Salsa on Sundays.
● 101, Songren Rd, Taipei (台北市松仁路101號).
Entrance NT$380 for weekdays; NT$550 for weekends.
● All Shows begin at 9:30pm
The Living Room (小客廳)
presents Black Sheep Blues Band (黑羊藍調) tonight; CD Release Party with Consider the Meek and DGS (大吉祥) tomorrow; Fresh College Bands featuring Heavy Smoker and Countervalve (逆瓣膜) on Tuesday; Rock the Hump featuring Mentholatum (面速力達姆) and Jelly Bean (杰立兵) on Wednesday; The Workshop, offering a stage for artists of all hues every Thursday.
● 3F, 8, Nanjing E Rd, Sec 5, Taipei
NT$50 for Monday; NT$100 for weekends.
Call (02) 8787 4154.