A restaurant in a New Taipei City shopping center was on Monday ordered to suspend operations after two suspected food poisoning cases were reported last week, the city’s Department of Health said.
Two people who dined at Hung Wu Curry in Sijhih District’s (汐止) iFG Farglory Square food court on Tuesday last week later vomited and had diarrhea, the department said.
It said it received separate reports from the Taipei Department of Health and Cathay General Hospital’s Sijhih branch on Wednesday and Saturday last week respectively that eight people had fallen ill from suspected food poisoning after eating at the restaurant on Monday last week.
Photo courtesy of the New Taipei City Department of Health via CNA
They mostly ate curry rice or omurice, a dish consisting of fried rice wrapped in an omelet, and diarrhea was their main symptom, the New Taipei City department said.
Two people are still in hospital with persistent diarrhea, it said.
Hung Wu Curry would only be allowed to resume operations after improvements are made, and samples of ingredients and other items have been taken for testing to determine whether food poisoning was the cause, it said.
If food poisoning is confirmed, the operator could be investigated on suspicion of contravening the Act Governing Food Safety and Sanitation (食品安全衛生管理法), it said.
Yangmingshan National Park authorities yesterday urged visitors to respect public spaces and obey the law after a couple was caught on a camera livestream having sex at the park’s Qingtiangang (擎天崗) earlier in the day. The Shilin Police Precinct in Taipei said it has identified a suspect and his vehicle registration number, and would summon him for questioning. The case would be handled in accordance with public indecency charges, it added. The couple entered the park at about 11pm on Thursday and began fooling around by 1am yesterday, the police said, adding that the two were unaware of the park’s all-day live
A former soldier and an active-duty army officer were yesterday indicted for allegedly selling classified military training materials to a Chinese intelligence operative for a total of NT$79,440. The Taipei District Prosecutors’ Office indicted Chen Tai-yin (陳泰尹) and Lee Chun-ta (李俊達) for contravening the National Security Act (國家安全法) and the Anti-Corruption Act (貪污治罪條例). Chen left the military in September 2013 after serving alongside then-staff sergeant Lee, now an army lieutenant, at the 21st Artillery Command of the army’s Sixth Corps from 2011 to 2013, according to the indictment. Chen met a Chinese intelligence operative identified as “Wang” (王) through a friend in November
Yangmingshan National Park’s Qingtiangang (擎天崗) nature area has gone viral after a park livestream camera observed a couple in the throes of intimate congress, which was broadcast live on YouTube, drawing large late-night crowds and sparking a backlash over noise, bright lights and disruption to wildlife habitat. The area’s livestream footage appeared to show a couple engaging in sexual activity on a picnic table in the park on Friday last week, with the uncensored footage streamed publicly online. The footage quickly spread across social media, prompting a tide of visitors to travel to the site to “check in” and recreate the
Minister of Digital Affairs Lin Yi-ching (林宜敬) yesterday cited regulatory issues and national security concerns as an expert said that Taiwan is among the few Asian regions without Starlink. Lin made the remarks on Facebook after funP Innovation Group chief executive officer Nathan Chiu (邱繼弘) on Friday said Taiwan and four other countries in Asia — China, North Korea, Afghanistan and Syria — have no access to Starlink. Starlink has become available in 166 countries worldwide, including Ukraine, Malaysia, the Philippines and Vietnam, in the six years since it became commercial, he said. While China and North Korea block Starlink, Syria is not