Home / Front Page

CAL union members to ‘go on leave’

By Jonathan Chin

The union of China Airlines (CAL, 中華航空), the nation’s largest airline company, yesterday announced that its members would “go on leave” on Friday after talks with management earlier in the day failed to reach a conclusion. That could mean the airline is hit by aFULL STORY

Business groups to suspend labor negotiations

Seven major business groups yesterday said they would terminate all labor negotiations on wages if the government fails to honor an agreement to cut the number of officially designated holidays per year from 19 to 12, as part of the government’s plans to implement aFULL STORY

Tsai greeted by world leaders at Panama Canal

President Tsai Ing-wen (蔡英文) was greeted by the leaders of several nations at the inauguration ceremony of the Panama Canal expansion project on Sunday, as well as byh US Vice President Joe Biden’s wife, Jill Biden, Presidential Office spokesman Alex Huang (黃重諺) said. Tsai, whoFULL STORY

Iraq takes control of Fallujah from IS

Iraqi forces took the Islamic State (IS) group’s last positions in the city of Fallujah, Iraq, on Sunday, establishing full control over one of the militants most emblematic bastions after a month-long operation. Iraqi Prime Minister Haider al-Abadi had already declared victory on June 17 afterFULL STORY

British chancellor seeks to alleviate ‘Brexit’ concerns

British Chancellor of the Exchequer George Osborne yesterday sought to ease concerns about the vote to leave the EU, saying the economy is as strong as it could be to face the uncertainty — even as a survey showed many companies are looking to moveFULL STORY

Tsai Ing-wen welcomed in Panama2016-06-27

By Loa Iok-sin

President Tsai Ing-wen (蔡英文) arrived in Panama City on Saturday on her first overseas trip since assuming office on May 20, which also marked the first time that a Taiwanese presidential charter flight crossed Cuban air space. Tsai was greeted at the Tocumen International Airport inFULL STORY

CAL vows to compensate agencies2016-06-27

By Shelley Shan

China Airlines (CAL, 中華航空) chairman Ho Nuan-hsuan (何煖軒) yesterday promised to compensate travel agencies for any financial losses they incurred due to a strike last week by the airline’s flight attendants, adding that he is to speak with representatives from the Taipei Association of TravelFULL STORY

BREXIT: Poll finds most Scots back independence2016-06-27

More than half of Scots now back independence following Britain’s decision to leave the EU, a new poll showed yesterday. A Panelbase survey for the Sunday Times found that 52 percent of respondents wanted to break with the rest of Britain, with 48 percent opposed. Scotland rejectedFULL STORY

Mogadishu bomb, gunmen attack on hotel claims 112016-06-27

At least 11 people were killed on Saturday in an attack on a hotel in the Somalian capital of Mogadishu that was swiftly claimed by al-Shabaab militants. The assault, the latest in a series by the Muslim group targeting hotels and restaurants, began when a suicideFULL STORY

At least 35 killed in fiery bus crash on Chinese highway2016-06-27

At least 35 people were killed and 11 injured yesterday when a bus crashed on a highway in central China and burst into flames, state media reported. Huge clouds of thick black smoke billowed from the vehicle after the bus slammed into a roadside concrete barrierFULL STORY

More :
Date Range : Past 7 Days Custom Date Range
TOP top