A Kaohsiung police officer was indicted today for indecently photographing women and secretly filming in the precinct bathroom, which he used to generate nude images using artificial intelligence (AI).
He also used the pretext of investigation to ask a woman to remove her clothes, using his personal phone to photograph her in her underwear, the Kaohsiung District Prosecutors’ Office said.
There are a total of six plaintiffs involved in the case, they said.
Photo: Huang Liang-chieh, Taipei Times
Prosecutors said they have requested the Kaohsiung District Court to sentence him to three years and six months in prison and issue a fine of NT$300,000.
The police officer, surnamed Tu (凃), was an officer at Kaohsiung’s Sanmin Police Station, they said.
He was indicted on suspicion of contravening the Personal Data Protection Act (個人資料保護法) and for taking sexual images under the Criminal Code, they added.
In July 2023, Tu was dispatched to a car accident in a parking lot, where he asked the victim to raise both of her hands and proceeded to photograph her chest and underarms, they said.
Then in January 2024, another woman was involved in a negligent injury case, they said.
Tu arrived on the scene and followed the woman home, where he asked her to remove her top and photographed her in her sports bra under the pretext of collecting evidence, they added.
In March of that year, Tu responded to a woman’s call about a lost phone, prosecutors said.
He photographed the woman in the police station, then secretly recorded her using the restroom, filming her buttocks and legs, they said.
In September 2024, Tu fed the images he had taken of six women through an AI generator on Telegram to create pornographic content, which he saved to his phone, they added.
Although there was no evidence that Tu had distributed the images, he still greatly infringed on the women’s privacy and autonomy, prosecutors said.
Tu abused his official position, causing deep harm to his victims and greatly diminishing public trust in the police, they added.
Yangmingshan National Park authorities yesterday urged visitors to respect public spaces and obey the law after a couple was caught on a camera livestream having sex at the park’s Qingtiangang (擎天崗) earlier in the day. The Shilin Police Precinct in Taipei said it has identified a suspect and his vehicle registration number, and would summon him for questioning. The case would be handled in accordance with public indecency charges, it added. The couple entered the park at about 11pm on Thursday and began fooling around by 1am yesterday, the police said, adding that the two were unaware of the park’s all-day live
Fast food chain McDonald's is to raise prices by up to NT$5 on some products at its restaurants across Taiwan, starting on Wednesday next week, the company announced today. The prices of all extra value meals and sharing boxes are to increase by NT$5, while breakfast combos and creamy corn soup would go up by NT$3, the company said in a statement. The price of the main items of those meals, if ordered individually, would remain the same. Meanwhile, the price of a medium-sized lemon iced tea and hot cappuccino would rise by NT$3, extra dipping sauces for chicken nuggets would go up
Yangmingshan National Park’s Qingtiangang (擎天崗) nature area has gone viral after a park livestream camera observed a couple in the throes of intimate congress, which was broadcast live on YouTube, drawing large late-night crowds and sparking a backlash over noise, bright lights and disruption to wildlife habitat. The area’s livestream footage appeared to show a couple engaging in sexual activity on a picnic table in the park on Friday last week, with the uncensored footage streamed publicly online. The footage quickly spread across social media, prompting a tide of visitors to travel to the site to “check in” and recreate the
Minister of Digital Affairs Lin Yi-ching (林宜敬) yesterday cited regulatory issues and national security concerns as an expert said that Taiwan is among the few Asian regions without Starlink. Lin made the remarks on Facebook after funP Innovation Group chief executive officer Nathan Chiu (邱繼弘) on Friday said Taiwan and four other countries in Asia — China, North Korea, Afghanistan and Syria — have no access to Starlink. Starlink has become available in 166 countries worldwide, including Ukraine, Malaysia, the Philippines and Vietnam, in the six years since it became commercial, he said. While China and North Korea block Starlink, Syria is not