The North Coast and Guanyinshan National Scenic Area Administration will soon launch a Wedding Photography Season.
The administration's director, Chu Chuan-wei (朱傳緯), said yesterday that the scenery on the north coast draws about 10,000 couples from Hong Kong, Singapore and Malaysia every year.
He said they came to Taiwan either for their honeymoon or to take wedding photos using the spectacular scenery as background.
Chu said these scenic spots also attract approximately 20,000 newlyweds around the nation each year, adding that the administration had been working with operators of wedding studios, hotels, restaurants and other tourism-related businesses to offer special deals for couples.
This year, the administration is offering the first 200 couples from Hong Kong, Singapore and Malaysia to sign up for a honeymoon trip or to have their wedding photos taken in the scenic area a free night's stay at a hotel of their choice in the area.
Couples may also choose either a free half day-tour of the north coast or free wedding photos as gifts.
Aside from wedding photography, visitors to the scenic area around this time of the year can see eagles flying near Guanyinshan. They can also sample the green bamboo shoots that generally come out from May to June every year.
Chu said the administration was planning to attend travel fairs in Hong Kong, Singapore and Malaysia in June, July and September to promote Taiwan as an ideal place to take wedding photos.
Statistics from the Tourism Bureau showed that a majority of couples who came to take wedding photos were from Hong Kong. On average, the nation will have approximately 250 couples that come here for this purpose from overseas, the bureau said.
Yangmingshan National Park authorities yesterday urged visitors to respect public spaces and obey the law after a couple was caught on a camera livestream having sex at the park’s Qingtiangang (擎天崗) earlier in the day. The Shilin Police Precinct in Taipei said it has identified a suspect and his vehicle registration number, and would summon him for questioning. The case would be handled in accordance with public indecency charges, it added. The couple entered the park at about 11pm on Thursday and began fooling around by 1am yesterday, the police said, adding that the two were unaware of the park’s all-day live
Fast food chain McDonald's is to raise prices by up to NT$5 on some products at its restaurants across Taiwan, starting on Wednesday next week, the company announced today. The prices of all extra value meals and sharing boxes are to increase by NT$5, while breakfast combos and creamy corn soup would go up by NT$3, the company said in a statement. The price of the main items of those meals, if ordered individually, would remain the same. Meanwhile, the price of a medium-sized lemon iced tea and hot cappuccino would rise by NT$3, extra dipping sauces for chicken nuggets would go up
Yangmingshan National Park’s Qingtiangang (擎天崗) nature area has gone viral after a park livestream camera observed a couple in the throes of intimate congress, which was broadcast live on YouTube, drawing large late-night crowds and sparking a backlash over noise, bright lights and disruption to wildlife habitat. The area’s livestream footage appeared to show a couple engaging in sexual activity on a picnic table in the park on Friday last week, with the uncensored footage streamed publicly online. The footage quickly spread across social media, prompting a tide of visitors to travel to the site to “check in” and recreate the
Minister of Digital Affairs Lin Yi-ching (林宜敬) yesterday cited regulatory issues and national security concerns as an expert said that Taiwan is among the few Asian regions without Starlink. Lin made the remarks on Facebook after funP Innovation Group chief executive officer Nathan Chiu (邱繼弘) on Friday said Taiwan and four other countries in Asia — China, North Korea, Afghanistan and Syria — have no access to Starlink. Starlink has become available in 166 countries worldwide, including Ukraine, Malaysia, the Philippines and Vietnam, in the six years since it became commercial, he said. While China and North Korea block Starlink, Syria is not