Butterfly Lovers (梁祝): a classical Chinese romantic musical by Dafeng Musical Theater (大風音樂劇場). Sun Yat-sen Memorial Hall (台北國父紀念館).
● Tickets cost from NT$300 to NT$2,400, through ERA Ticketing.
● Tonight and tomorrow at 7:30pm with 2:30pm matinees tomorrow and Sunday.
Assassinate Q2 ... GO! (暗殺Q2...GO!) by the Performance Workshop Experimental Theater Group (OFFPW, 外表坊時驗團). Guling St. Theater (牯嶺街小劇場) 2, Ln 5, Guling St., Taipei (台北市牯嶺街5巷2號).
● Tickets NT$300 available from ERA Ticketing, or at the door.
● Tuesdays through Sundays at 7:30pm and Saturdays at 2:30pm. Performances held daily until Nov. 27.
The Gate of the Prime Minister's Mansion (大宰門) by the Runghsing Hakka Opera Troupe (榮興客家採茶劇團). Novel Hall (新舞台), 3-1 Sungshou Rd, Taipei (台北市松壽路3-1號).
● Tickets cost NT$500 to NT$1,500 from Novel Hall ticketing office.
● Tomorrow at 7:30pm and 2:30pm and Sunday.
Yo Yo Ma Live Solo Recital (馬友友大提琴獨奏會), the world renowned cellist will perform a one-off concert in Taiwan as part of the Mercedes Benz Century Series at the National Concert Hall(國家音樂廳).
●Tickets cost from NT$1,200 to NT$3,000 through ERA and NTCH.
● Nov. 7 at 7:30pm.
Formosa Cancer Foundation Charity Concert (台灣癌症基金會慈善音樂會) featuring The Taipei City Symphony Orchestra (台北市民交響樂團). National Concert Hall (國家音樂廳).
● Tickets cost from NT$300 to NT$1,000, through NTCH box office.
● Tomorrow 7:30pm.
Lin Hua-chun Violin Recital (林暉鈞小提琴獨奏會). National Recital Hall (國家演奏廳).
● Tickets from NT$200 to NT$500 from NTCH.
● Sunday at 7:30pm.
Empire Brass Quintet with the Taipei Symphony Orchestra (帝國銅管五重奏-台北市民交響樂團). National Concert Hall (國家音樂廳).
● Tickets NT$200 to NT$1,000 from NTCH box office.
● Tomorrow 7:30pm
The Taipei Philharmonic Chorus presents and evening of Timeless Choral Classics (台北愛樂室內合唱團 -穿越時空的絢爛人聲).
● National Concert Hall (國家音樂廳). Tickets cost from NT$300 to NT$1,200 from NTCH box office.
● Sunday at 7:30pm.
Rock and Pop
Taipei International Conference Center (TICC, 台北國際會議中心) presents Japanese samba and bossa nova jazz dive Lisa Ono (小野麗莎) live in concert for one night. 1, Xinyi Rd, Sec 5, Taipei (台北市信義路5段1號).
● Tickets cost from NT1,200 to NT$3,600 and are available from ERA Ticketing.
● Tonight at 7:30pm.
Taipei International Conference Center (TICC, 台北國際會議中心) features a performance by Japanese rock opera and love ballad super star, Kazumasa Oda (小田和正) tomorrow night. 1, Xinyi Rd, Sec. 5, Taipei (台北市信義路5段1號). Tickets cost from NT$1,200 to NT$3,600 from ERA
● Ticketing outlets nationwide.
● At 7:30pm on Sunday.
NTU Corridor Cafe (迴廊咖啡館) presents Middle Eastern Belly Dance from 3pm tomorrow; music from the Chingshui Zhushiba Band (清水祖師爺樂團) from 2:30pm on Sunday. NTU Sports Center 1F (台大綜合體育館1樓) at the intersection of Xinhai Rd and Xinsheng S Rd (台北市辛亥路與新生南路交叉口).
● Entrance to tomorrows event is NT$200.
● Sunday's concert is free admission.
● Call (02) 8369 5656.
Witch House (女巫店) features an evening of folksy electronica with Yeh Shu-yin and her band (葉樹茵與她的樂隊) as they promote their latest album Invisible tonight; creative indigenous rock from local Aboriginal art-house combo Totem (圖騰樂團) tomorrow. 7, Ln 56, Xinsheng S Rd, Sec 3, Taipei
● Entrance NT$300. Call (02) 2362 5494.
● All shows begin at 9:30pm
The Living Room (小客廳) features hardcore blues from the Black Sheep Blues Band (黑羊藍調) tonight; power-punk from Sky Burial (天藏) tomorrow; grunge rock from Taiwan's newest post-puck combo Clair Tuesday Nov.8; downbeat indie/alt pop from Freckle (雀斑) and Natural Q (自然捲). 3F, 8, Nanjing E Rd, Sec 5, Taipei (台北市南京東路五段8號3樓).