AC Milan coach Carlo Ancelotti dismissed reports he will join Chelsea at the end of this season by telling newspaper La Stampa that he has no intention of leaving the Italian giants.
Guus Hiddink has taken over the reins at Chelsea on a temporary basis until the end of the season following the dismissal of former World Cup winning coach Luis Felipe Scolari.
But newspaper reports in England have suggested that Chelsea’s billionaire owner Roman Abramovich wants to bring Ancelotti to the London club in the summer.
However, while the Milan coach admitted to having previously met with the Russian, he claimed he is happy where he is.
“Honestly the only club that has approached me is Chelsea,” he is quoted as saying in yesterday’s La Stampa when asked about the repeated interest in his services.
“In the summer I met with Abramovich but I didn’t want to leave Milan. The same thing is happening now, I’m not thinking about leaving,” he said.
■ BORO STRIKER CHARGED
Middlesbrough striker Marlon King has been charged with sexually assaulting a woman in a nightclub, police said yesterday.
King is alleged to have assaulted and punched a 20-year old woman in a London bar in December and will appear before magistrates later this month.
He was released on bail to appear at City of Westminster magistrates court on Feb. 25 on charges of assault occasioning actual bodily harm and sexual assault by touching, police said.
A woman received hospital treatment for a broken nose and split lip following the incident on Dec. 7 and King was arrested three days later.
The 28-year-old is on loan to Middlesbrough from fellow Premier League club Wigan.