Wed, Feb 08, 2012 - Page 2 News List

Taiwan News Quick Take

Staff Writer, with CNA


Yangmingshan bus starts

Taipei City will operate special shuttle buses to transport people to and from the annual Yangmingshan Flower Festival, which begins on Friday next week, the city’s Public Transportation Office said yesterday. The office said seven shuttle buses would be provided to take visitors from downtown Taipei to Yangmingshan (陽明山), where cherry trees usually blossom between late February and the middle of March. The buses include the No. 126 series that was launched last year, the office said, adding that the buses would run between Taipei Railway Station and the Yangmingshan Flower Clock. The buses will depart from North Gate No. 2 of the railway station every hour from 7am to 4pm, the office said. The festival runs through March 18 at various locations in Yangmingshan National Park.


Workers slacking off: poll

Nearly a quarter of office workers are having difficulty adjusting to work after the nine-day Lunar New Year holiday, a survey said yesterday. About 22 percent of office employees admitted they were procrastinating on the job after the holiday, a poll of 1,582 workers by 360d HR Consultancy Co found. The other 78 percent said they had no procrastination issues. On the question of why they were putting off their tasks, 32 percent said they simply did not feel like working, while 37 percent said they were taking it slowly because they did not want to make mistakes by doing things in a hurry. About 25 percent said they were being slowed down by inadequate knowledge of their assignment, while 24 percent said they did not know the order of priority of their tasks. Another 18 percent admitted they were spending too much time online on social networking and instant messaging services.

This story has been viewed 2009 times.

Comments will be moderated. Remarks containing abusive and obscene language, personal attacks of any kind or promotion will be removed and the user banned.

TOP top