- Entrance tonight, tomorrow is NT$400. Sunday, Wednesday and Thursday is NT$300. Tuesday is NT$350
- Bands take the stage at 8pm
- B1, 200 Roosevelt Rd Sec 4, Taipei (台北市羅斯福路四段200號B1). Call (02) 2930-0162 or visit www.the-wall.com.tw
Folk rockers What Mulan (花木蘭) and Cloud Gate Theater dancer Wu Pei-shan (吳佩珊), also known as Devin, perform tonight at The Living Room (小客廳). Things heat up tomorrow with Red Flower (紅花樂團) and live electronica bands Moshang, Viba and KTK. Tuesday, as usual, is tarot night with Eiffel (塔羅老師艾菲爾). On Wednesday it's Tellus Theater, followed by Drunk (酒客二人組), billed as "a guy with an amazing guitar and a girl with an amazing voice." Caomei Shala (草莓沙拉) and Pa Pang (怕胖) perform Thursday.
- Tonight's shows start at 9:30pm. Tomorrow's begins at 9pm. Tuesday's tarot runs from 7:30pm to midnight. Wednesday's theater starts at 9:30pm, followed by the music at 10:30pm. Thursday's performances begin at 10pm
- Entrance is NT$300 plus a two-drink minimum
- 3F, 8 Nanjing E Rd Sec 5, Taipei (台北市南京東路五段8號3樓). Call (02) 8787-4154 or visit www.livingroomtaipei.com
Yellow Funky Stuff play a fusion of jazz, funk and rock tonight at Riverside Cafe (河岸留言). Tomorrow the venue hosts A Night of Noise (造音之夜), Lucky Q, Formula and Da Bones (骨頭樂隊). On Sunday it's 36 Roundhouse Kicks (三十六迴旋踢) and Your Low End (憂樂園). Monday, as usual, is open-jam night, when any person or band can perform a few songs on stage. On Tuesday it's Joker and They're Lisa (他們是力殺). Nylas and Bibi Chao (趙之璧) and her band perform on Wednesday, and Thursday is a mini-concert with singer Debbie Hsiao (蕭賀碩).
- Shows start at 9:30pm
- Entrance tonight, Thursday and Wednesday is NT$350. Tomorrow is NT$400. Sunday and Tuesday is NT$300
- B1, 2, Ln 244, Roosevelt Rd, Sec 3, Taipei (台北市羅斯福路三段244巷2號B1). Call (02) 2368-7310, or visit www.riverside.com.tw
Underdog, Taipei's mid-week house and funk bonanza, returns to On Tap. Residents Geezer Foo and Shorty will throw down the funk, acid jazz, and deep house from 10pm until 4am.
- 49, Ln 308, Guangfu S Rd, Taipei (台北市光復南路308巷49號). Call (02) 2741-5365
The Mad Georges perform tomorrow at Bliss. Comedy hypnotist Brian David Phillips' risque Blissnosis show, originally scheduled for tonight, has been canceled.
- Performances start around 10pm
- Entrance to the bar is free. Cover for the shows upstairs is NT$200
- 148, Xinyi Rd Sec. 4, Taipei (台北市信義路四段148號). Call Bliss at (02) 2702-1855 or log on at www.bliss-taipei.com
Slovak Contemporary Graphic Art (斯洛伐客當代版畫藝術). With pioneering artists such as Mikulas Galanda, Koloman Sokol and Ernest Zmetak Slovak laying the foundation in 1940s, Slovak contemporary graphic art has come from a refined tradition and transformed from the early classical style to geometric abstractionism. Featuring over 100 pieces by artists known for their graphic and illustrated works, the exhibition offers local audiences a rare chance to appreciate the nation's unique artistic tradition.
- Taipei Fine Arts Museum (台北市立美術館), 181 Zhongshan N Rd Sec 3, Taipei (台北市中山北路三段181號). Open Tuesday to Sunday from 9:30am to 5:30pm. Call (02) 2595-7656
- Until Sept. 16
Writing Image - Adaptable Works: Ho Chia-hsing Solo Exhibition 2007 (何佳興2007年個展 - 寫字˙寫相－未完成的繪本). The sketches, writings and calligraphy works at the exhibition comprise an adaptable portfolio licensed under a Creative Commons attribution to explore infinite possibilities of a new art form emerging from a social network of interoperability.