Happiness Part 2 (浮浪貢開花 Part 2) is a light and carefree play by Golden Bough Theater (金枝演社) that tells the story of a young bohemian man searching for happiness and the interesting places where it is found.
- Red Theater (紅樓劇場), 10 Chengdu Rd, Taipei (台北市成都路10號)
- Today and tomorrow and Sunday at 7:30pm and tomorrow and Sunday at 2:30pm
- Tickets are NT$600 and are available through NTCH ticketing or online at www.artstickets.com.tw
Mother and Daughter, Puppet and Person: You Are My Mother (母與女．人與偶 - 妳是我媽媽) by Taiyuan Puppet Theater Company (台原偶戲團), is a fantasy glove puppet theater performance that explores the relationship between a middle-aged mother and her 15-year-old daughter.
- Nadou Theater (納豆劇場), 79 Xining N Rd, Taipei (台北市西寧北路79號)
- Today at 7:30pm and tomorrow at 3pm
- Tickets are NT$350 and are available through NTCH ticketing or online at www.artstickets.com.tw
Le Petit Prince is a musical composed by Richard Cocciante and is based on the book of the same name by French author Antoine de Saint-Exupery. The show sports a top-notch cast led by Laurent Ban of Les Miserables fame, and leads the audience through an otherworldly journey through the floating planets inhabited by a whimsical crew of characters. The elaborate production features a lavish stage designed by Hans Schavernoch and costumes designed by Jean-Charles de Castelbajac.
- National Theater (國家戲劇院), 21-1 Zhongshan S Rd, Taipei (台北市中山南路21-1號)
- Today and tomorrow at 7:30pm and tomorrow and Sunday at 2:30pm
- Tickets are NT$1,000 to NT$6,000 and are available through NTCH ticket outlets or at www.artsticket.com.tw
Communicating Doors (開錯門中門) is performed by Godot Theater (果陀劇場) and is based on the play by Alan Ayckbourn. The screwball comedy takes place in a five-star hotel where an elderly man is about to confess the murders of his two former wives to his lover. But when his business partner catches wind of the plan, he attempts to foil the confession.
- Sun Yat-sen Memorial Hall, 505 Renai Rd Sec 4, Taipei (台北市仁愛路四段505號)
- Today and tomorrow at 7:30pm and Sunday at 2:30pm
- Tickets are NT$400 to NT$2,000 and are available through ERA ticketing
Kaohsiung City Symphony Orchestra - Caucasus Sketches (高雄市交響樂團 - 高加索素描俄國經典篇). Under the direction of conductor Hsiao Bang-hsiang (蕭邦享), the KCSO will present of a program of works by Russian composers, including Glinka's Ruslan and Ludmila Overture, Shostakovich's String Quartet No.8, Op.110, Ippolitov-Ivanov's Caucasian Sketches, Op.10, and Borodin's Eine Steepenskizze "In the Steppes of Central Asia."
- At the Kaohsiung City Music Hall (高雄市音樂館), 99 Hehsi Rd, Kaohsiung (高雄市河西路99號)
- All tickets cost NT$150 and are available through ERA ticketing
- Tonight at 7:30pm
Liang Chien-wen Violin Recital (梁倩文小提琴獨奏會). Taiwanese violinist Liang studied in Universitat fur Musik und darstellende Kunst Wien with Gunter Pichler, who is the first violinist of the Alban Berg Quartet. She continued further violin studies under Uwe-Martin Haiberg at Universtaet der Kuenste Berlin last June. The program of works will include Debussy's Claire de Lune, Reverie, Ballade for violin and piano, Richard Strauss' Sonata for Violin and Piano in E-flat Major, Op.18, Brahms' Sonata for Violin and Piano in d minor, Op.108, and Kreisler's Praeludium und Allegro.