Assassination Q2 … GO (暗殺Q2…GO) is a black comedy that will keep you on the edge of your seat.
* Guling St. Theater (牯嶺街小劇場), 2, Alley 5, Guling St, Taipei (台北市牯嶺街五巷二號)
* Today at 7:30pm, tomorrow and Sunday at 2:30pm and 7:30pm
* Tickets are NT$400 and are available at www.artsticket.com.tw
Wind Shadow (風影) is the latest performance by Cloud Gate Dance Theater (雲門舞集) and covers a wide range of subjects used for dance such as literature and philosophy to create a dramatic and exhilarating work.
* National Theater, Taipei (國家戲劇院)
* Tomorrow, Sunday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday at 7:45pm and a matinee performance on Sunday at 2:30pm
* Tickets are NT$400 to NT$2,000 and are available through NTCH ticketing
2006 Taipei Flower Show (2006 台北花卉展). To celebrate its tenth birthday, the flower exhibition centers on the theme of festivity, using colorful flowers to decorate the park. Music concerts will start at 2pm tomorrow and a movie screening will take place on Sunday at 6:30pm. For more information, visit www.2006taipeiflowershow.com.tw
* Da-an Forest Park (大安森林公園), 1 Xinsheng S Rd Sec 2, Taipei (台北市新生南路二段1號). Call (02) 2303-2451
* Until Sunday
Chinese Ice Hockey League (CIHL) Hockey night in Taiwan begins week three on Sunday at 7:20pm when the puck drops between the leagues two top teams, the Rhinos vs Lions. At 8:40pm, the Raptors will duke it out against the Wolves and finally at 10pm the fourth-place Tigers will try to show their mettle against the third-place Bears. Come out and cheer your favorite team in the well-chilled Taipei Arena as ex-pats and locals alike take to the ice for some cool hockey action.
* Taipei Arena (台北小巨蛋), 2 Nanjing E Rd Sec 4, Taipei (台北市南京東路四段2號)
* Sunday, starting at 7:20pm
* Admission is free
Jeannie Cheng 2006 Piano Recital II (鄭怡君2006鋼琴獨奏會II). Cheng found her way to Juilliard School in New York at the age of 14. She will play a program of works, including Bach-Busoni's Chaconne, Schubert's Impromptus, Nos. 3 and 4, Op. 90, Chopin's Ballade, No.3, Op.47, and Schumann's Carnaval, Op.9.
* Tonight at the National Museum of Prehistory (國立台灣史前文化博物館), 1 Museum Rd, Taitung City (台東市博物館路1號) and Wednesday at the Recital Hall, Taipei
* Free admission for the Taitung concert. As of press time, NT$800 and NT$1,000 tickets are sold out for the Taipei concert, but seats are available from NT$300 to NT$500 through NTCH ticketing
* Tonight at 2:30pm and Wednesday at 7:30pm
Ars Trio Taipei — Salute to Mozart Concert Series II: From Mozart to Mahler (印象三重奏團—向莫札特致敬活動系列二:黃金年代). Featuring pianist Lee Yen-I (李燕宜), violinist Chen Fang-liu (陳方騮), cellist Jessica Chen (陳俐亨), soprano Zoe Hwang (黃瑞芬), and violist Wang Yi-chuan (王意權), the concert will present the Taiwan premier of Mahler' Piano Quartet and world premier of piano trio works adapted from Mahler's Symphony No. 4, Fourth Movement, Mozart's motet Exultate, Jubilate, K.165, Nehmt meinen Dank, K.383 and Piano Quartet in G Minor, K.478.
* At the Recital Hall, Taipei
* As of press time, NT$300 tickets are sold out, but seats are available from NT$500 to NT$800 through ERA ticketing
* Sunday at 7:30pm
2006 Taiwan Connection Mozart Festival (莫札特音樂節—神童，神童). Joined by the Academy of Taiwan Strings (台灣絃樂團), the concert tour will feature violinist Hu Nai-yuan (胡乃元), pianist Fou Tsong (傅聰), violist Rainer Moog, tenor Will Hartmann, and other young Taiwanese instrumentalists. The tour, which includes concerts in Ilan, Hualien, Chungli and Taipei, begins in Hsinchu on Thursday. The program for the Hsinchu concert will include Mozart's Divertimento for String Quartet in D Major, K.136, String Quintet in C Major, K.515, Violin Concerto No. 4 in D Major, K.218, and Serenade No.13 in G Major, K.525.