HANE-G (羽根爺) by Makoto Matsushima with Friends (松島誠與友人們) will perform their version of contemporary theater that combines dance, music, multimedia and a whole lot of imagination.
* Guling St Theater (牯嶺街小劇場), 2, Alley 5, Guling St, Taipei (台北市牯嶺街五巷二號)
* Today and tomorrow at 7:30pm and tomorrow and Sunday at 2:30pm
* Tickets are NT$150 and are available at www.artsticket.com.tw
Pak-Kuan Encounter (北管驚奇) is an enlivening performance and journey of dance, electronic music and beiguan (北管) woodwind instruments.
* Zhongshan Hall Plaza at Taipei Zhongshan Hall (台北市中山堂), 98 Yenping S Rd, Taipei (台北市延平南路98號)
* Tomorrow at 7:30pm
* Admission is free
En Vol dans les Etoiles (星夢曲) by the National Taiwan College of Performing Arts Troupe of Acrobatics will astound you with their version of contemporary acrobatic theater.
* Chungcheng Hall, Taipei Zhongshan Hall (台北市中山堂), 98 Yenping S Rd, Taipei (台北市延平南路98號)
* Tomorrow at 7:30pm and Sunday at 2:30pm
* Tickets from NT$300 to NT$1,200
Changing Winds from New York (來自紐約幻變的風) by Battery Dance Company includes four dances representing entirely different moods. This eclectic performance shows the multicultural aspects of New York.
* The Metropolitan Hall (城市舞台), 25 Bade Rd Sec 3, Taipei (台北市八德路三段25號)
* Tuesday at 7:30pm
* Admission is free, but tickets must be reserved in advance
The Jane Goodall Institute and Animals Taiwan invite you to the first Roots & Shoots Animal Parade, taking place in Taipei's Xinyi District from 2:30pm to 6:30pm tomorrow. The parade will consist of music, creative costumes, the occasional animal, fantastic people (including Jane Goodall), and more. For information on Animals Taiwan — including how you can become a volunteer — visit www.animalstaiwan.org or send an e-mail to Kim Phillips at firstname.lastname@example.org (English inquiries).
Henrik Ibsen's A Doll's House shocked 19th century theater audiences with its fresh portrayal of sexual politics. The story created the first heroine, Nora, who secretly raises money to save the life of her dying husband. But a series of events causes each character in the play to respond in ways that have drastic consequences. German director Thomas Ostermeier's production examines the parallels between late 19th century bourgeoisie and today. With cinematic settings, a glittering rotating stage, and passionate bodies swaying to rock music, A Doll's House - Nora creates a new aesthetic of blood and violence with a finale that is as shocking as the original. The show will be staged at the National Theater, Taipei today, tomorrow and Sunday at 2:30pm and 7:30pm. The performance is in German with Chinese subtitles and is 140 minutes long with no intermission. Tickets are NT$400 to NT$3,600 and are available through the NTCH ticketing system.
Kunzel's Halloween Party (康澤爾的萬聖派對). Equally at home with classical and contemporary music, American Erich Kunzel has chosen themes and excerpts from a wide range of sources, including classical, opera, musicals and film. Music fans of all persuasions looking for an exciting musical Halloween should not miss Kunzel's Halloween Party. A pre-concert talk will be held in the lobby of the National Concert Hall 30 minutes prior to the concert
* At the National Concert Hall, Taipei
* Tickets are NT$300 to NT$1,5000 through NTCH ticketing
* Tonight and tomorrow at 7:30pm and tomorrow at 2:30pm
2006 Chinese Cultural University Soul of Music Concert (2006中國文化大學中國音樂學系文化樂魂音樂會). Students of CCU Soul of Music will present a program of traditional Chinese music.
* At the National Taiwan Arts Education Center (國立台灣藝術教育館), 47 Nanhai Rd, Taipei (台北市南海路47號).
* Tickets can be obtained free of charge at the door 90 minutes prior to the concert
* Tonight at 7:30pm
Taiwan Wind Ensemble Concert (台灣管樂團音樂會) will be held in Tainan and Taipei tomorrow and on Monday, respectively. Chung Yao-kuang (鍾耀光), who composed all the pieces presented in the concert, will also conduct. The concert will feature clarinetist Lai Yi-jui (賴怡叡), sopranos Ho Kung-ting (何康婷) and Lin Chin-ru (林錦如), and baritone Hsu Te-tsung (許德崇).
* Tomorrow at the National Cheng Kung University's Cheng Kung Hall (台南成功大學成功廳), 1 Tahsueh Rd, Tainan City (台南市大學路1號), and Monday at the National Concert Hall, Taipei
* Tickets are from NT$200 to NT$300 for the Tainan concerts and from NT$250 to NT$500 for the Taipei concert, available through NTCH ticketing