CH3CCL3 releaser (三氯乙烷釋放體) by 8213 Physical Dance Theater is a stimulating combination of visual, artistic and dancing styles, the end result of which is a new style of physical theater.
* Guling St Theater (牯嶺街小劇場), 2, Alley 5, Guling St, Taipei (台北市牯嶺街5巷2號)
* Tickets are NT$150 and can be purchased through NTCH ticketing
* Today and tomorrow at 7:30pm and tomorrow and Sunday at 2:30pm
Wedding Memories (女兒紅) will be performed by the Ping-Fong Acting Troupe (屏風表演班) and will be staged at the National Theater. The theater piece follows the real-life story of director Hugh Lee's mother and tracks a family's efforts to rebuild its home after great loss.
* National Theater (國家戲劇院), 21-1, Zhongshan S Rd, Taipei (台北市中山南路22-1號)
* Tickets are NT$500 to NT$2,500 and are available through NTCH ticketing
* Today and tomorrow at 7:30pm, tomorrow and Sunday at 2:30pm
Lysistrata (利西翠妲), the ancient Greek comedy by Aristophanes, will be staged by the Tainaner Ensemble (台南人劇團) in Tainan. Written at the height of the Peloponnesian war (411BC), it tells the story of a group of women from Sparta and Athens — the two cities at war — who withhold sex from their husbands to protest against the war.
* At the Eternal Golden Castle (億載金城), 3 Guangchou Rd, Anping District, Tainan (台南市安平區光州路3號)
* Tickets are NT$500 and can be purchased through NTCH ticketing or by calling the Tainaner Ensemble at (06) 274-7605
* Today, tomorrow and Sunday at 8:00pm
Meeting with Vajrasattva (金剛心) by U Theater is physical theater at its best. With well-choreographed body movements and a precise sense of rhythm, this troupe takes audiences on a search for Vajrasattva, the Tibetan Buddhist god of wisdom.
* At Daan Forest Park, Taipei
* Admission is free
* Saturday and Sunday at 7:30pm
Snow Wolf Said (雪狼說) and Butterfly Love Story (梁祝) by Modern Dance Club (現代舞劇) is a modern dance drama adapted from the musical drama of the same name by Jacky Chang, who brought it to Taiwan in 2005. Butterfly Love Story was re-written by the group in 1999 and is one of the most affecting love stories in Chinese history.
* At the National Taiwan Arts Education Center (國立臺灣藝術教育館), 47 Nanhai Rd, Taipei (台北市南海路47號).
* Tickets are free but must be obtained 90 minutes before performance begins
* Saturday at 2:30pm and 7:30pm
National Symphony Orchestra (NSO) Bernstein Young People's Concert: Thus Spake Richard Strauss (伯恩斯坦音樂入門理查史特勞斯如是說). Leonard Bernstein's Young People's Concerts was designed to open the world of music to children and to encourage youths to be more involved in music. The NSO's own Young People's Concert series, modeled after Bernstein's programs, has been highly praised in recent years. With its combination of oral explanations and instrumental demonstrations, this series has already given countless local audiences a deeper understanding of classical music. For the 2006/2007 season, Richard Strauss is to be the featured composer of the subscription series, hence before the concert series begins, the renowned local cellist Chang Chen-chieh (張正傑) will give an introduction analysis to help audience members appreciate Strauss and his work. The conductor will be Amy Chang (張佳韻).
* At the National Concert Hall, Taipei
* Tickets are NT$250.
* The concert today at 2:30pm is not open to the public, but tickets to the concert tonight at 7:30pm cost NT$250 and are available through NTCH ticketing