Open Sesame! Merrily Go Around the World With Wu Ding the Wizard "Part 2" (巫頂環遊世界2), a production by the Paper Windmill Theater Troupe (紙風車劇團).
● Novel Hall (新舞台) at 3-1 Sungshou Rd, Taipei (台北市松壽路3-1號). Tickets cost NT$350 to NT$1,000 and are available from ERA Ticketing outlets nationwide.
● Tonight until Oct. 2 at 2:30pm
and 7:30pm daily.
An Afternoon of Classic Chinese Opera With the Guokuang Opera Troupe (國光劇場).
● Guokuang Theater (國光劇場) 8-1, Lane 66, Mucha Rd., Sec 3 (台北市文山區木柵路3段66巷8之1號). Tickets cost NT$200 and NT$300 and are available at the door.
● Tomorrow and Sunday at 2:30pm.
Night Train to the Stars (銀河鐵道). A multimedia music performance of works composed by Japanese composer Koji Sakurai.
● Experimental Theater
Tickets cost NT$400 and are available from NTCH Box Office located in the National Theater.
● Tonight 7:30 and 9:30pm, tomorrow and Sunday 2:30pm, 4:30pm, 7:30pm and 9:30pm.
The Legend of the Three Kingdoms: The Red Cliff
(三國傳奇-赤壁) a family show by the
3-On-Top Theater Collective (三一舞樂劇坊).
● Chungshan Hall (中山堂中正廳), 98 Yenping S Rd (台北市延平南路98號). Tickets cost from NT$300 to NT$1,000 and are available direct from the venue.
● Wednesday and Thursday at 7:30pm.
The National Symphony Orchestra -- Gurre Lieder (古勒之歌)
● National Concert Hall (國家音樂廳). Tickets cost from NT$300 to NT$1,500, through NTCH and ERA ticketing.
● Tonight 7:30pm
Chu Tai-li Soprano Recital (黃金美聲--朱苔麗與簡文彬)
● National Concert Hall (國家音樂廳). Tickets cost from NT$300 to NT$1,200, through NTCH and ERA ticketing outlets.
● Tomorrow 7:30pm.
Akiko Suwanai Violin Recital and Akiko Suwanai and the Taipei Symphony Orchestra
● National Concert Hall (國家音樂廳). Tickets cost from NT$300 to NT$1,200, through NTCH and ERA ticketing.
● Sunday and Monday 7:30pm.
Duo Abend-Holetschek and Yi-Chun Chen (伴奏大師何列切克與
● Novel Hall (新舞台) at 3-1 Sungshou Rd, Taipei (台北市松壽路3-1號) Tickets cost from NT$300 to NT$700 and are available at the door.
● Monday at 7:30pm.
Han-Tsung Ko's Art of the Huchin (葛瀚聰的古琴藝術 胡笳聲)
● National Recital Hall (國家演奏廳). Ticket cost from NT$200 to NT$500 and are available direct from the NTCH box office.
● Tomorrow 7:30pm.
Rock and Pop
NTU Corridor Cafe (迴廊咖啡館)presents Bearbabes (熊寶貝) and DEN tonight; the Re-Encounter Chorus (重相逢合唱團) at 2:20pm tomorrow afternoon and Dolly's Pillbox (朵莉的藥盒) tomorrow evening.
● NTU Sports Center 1F (台大綜合體育館1樓) at the intersection of Xinhai Rd and Xinsheng S Rd (台北市辛亥路與新生南路交口). Free admission. Call (02) 8369 5656.
● Evening shows begin at 8pm and the afternoon performances at 2:20pm.
Witch House (女巫店) features Open Eyes (毆噴愛) tonight; Sirius Sharp (天狼星口琴樂團) tomorrow.
● 7, Ln 56, Xinsheng S Rd, Sec 3, Taipei (台北市新生南路三段56巷7號). Admission costs NT$300. Call (02) 2362 5494.
● All shows begin at 9:30pm
Ziga Zaga at Grand Hyatt Taipei (君悅飯店Ziga Zaga) presents Scarlip, the international seven-member band from Montreal, performing in a wide spectrum of styles.
● 2, Songshou Rd, Taipei (台北市松壽路2號). Call (02) 2720 1200 x3288.
● Monday to Thursday at 9:30pm; Friday and Saturday at 10pm
Citizen Cain (大國民)features Stand-up Comedy every Wednesday; Live Jam every Thursday; DJs every Friday; DJ Shep Dawg every Saturday.
● 67, Dongfeng St, Taipei (台北市東豐街67號). Call (02) 2708 4557.
● Weekdays at 9:30pm; weekends at 10pm
Brown Sugar (黑糖餐廳) presents Impression Quartet on Mondays; Cool Fusion with guests every Tuesday; Night of Rumba on Wednesdays; Back to Love on Thursdays; Soul Train on Fridays; City Light on Saturdays; Salsa on Sundays.